After a strange few years, it's safe to say that we're all in need of a generous dose of fun—the kind associated with blasting music with the car windows down, cannonballing into the hotel pool, or dancing with strangers until the sun rises.
In anticipation of the months ahead, we’ve put together a list of 101 ways to have fun this summer—everything from getting scuba certified or taking up surf lessons for the first time, to glamping under the stars and using all those points and miles to finally book that once-in-a-lifetime trip. (One thing you won't see? A single virtual event.) We hope it not only helps you feel even more inspired about planning your summer, but gives you license to get excited about all the future trips that lie ahead, too.
All products featured in this story are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission. This article has been updated with new information since its original publish date.
Spend as much time outside as possible
1. Plan elaborate park picnics
2. Go to an outdoor concert
3. Catch a movie at the drive-in
4. Host a backyard barbecue
5. Wear sunscreen everyday
6. Seek out the country's best swimming holes
7. Get into bird watching
Eat and drink at your favorite summer spots—and discover new ones
8. Experience a city through its food tours
9. Dine inside one of the world's best new restaurants
10. Support your local Chinatown
11. Discover—and celebrate—America's many food cultures
12. Feast on Texas barbecue
13. Perfect your camping meals
14. Take a culinary road trip through Mexico